Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2 Days to Catch Up On

So, yesterday I went for my second interview for the class I want to go to. She told me that I was an awesome fit for the class so don't screw up the English test. I took the English test today and OMG! It was soooooo easy! I think my 6 year old could have passed it. But the sad part is that some people actually fail it! We were timed for each section and I was the first one done every time. I finished each section before the half way point. Everyone else either barely finished when time was up or didn't finish at all. I was sitting there thinking, "This is our future. These people will, or are already, raising kids and they don't even know BASIC English." We are talking what word is supposed to have a capital letter? What word fits in the sentence? Opposites. Basic vocabulary and spelling. I fear for the future. My mom, who works for the welfare department, was told by one of her clients moms that she needed to learn ebonics because it's the new language in California. What? And she was dead serious. Maybe it's the new language in the welfare office, but not everywhere else. So, all in all, I'm about 90% sure I will be in this class. YAY ME!
Now back to yesterday. Last night, my son carried the United States flag for his cub scout pack meeting. Boy was I one proud mom! He carried that flag with such pride. That was his shinning moment. Then he led the den in the Pledge of Allegance. So awesome! Then they watched a movie about how fathers get when it's time to build the pinewood derby cars. It was so funny and so true for some. The boys got their piece of wood and wheels as Christmas presents from the pack. The derby is March 8. I was a little worried about how Isaiah was going to handle this event since it is traditionally a father/son event. He was really sad at first, but then one of the guys at church (my kids call him Handy Manny) is going to help him build his car. He is so awesome! Now Isaiah is excited to start build his car. We have a tiger den field trip this weekend to the fire station. It should be fun. I got to set it up, so I made sure we are going to the station that has the ladder truck. Ladder trucks are so much cooler than just plain engines (not that engines aren't cool too).
Then, next weekend, Isaiah gets to go on an overnight trip on the USS Hornet. How cool is that? My dad is going to take him. I really want to go, but I can't leave the little ones over night. When Andrew is a tiger, I'm going!
This morning was really hard. Andrew did not want to be left at school today. He almost made me cry. He was holding on to me. I told him that I had to go. He cried, "but I love you! Don't leave me!" It was so hard to leave. That made me feel so guilty about leaving him. But, I had to go. The school is a really awesome school and I know if he continued to have a problem, they would call me. I walked away listening to him call for me. I hated that. His teacher said he was upset for about 15 minutes, then he settled down and started playing. I really wish I could stay home with them all the time. I would LOVE to be a full time stay at home mom. Too bad that job doesn't pay the bills. I know down deep that I am doing the right thing, but it doesn't make it any easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment